Our website uses a technology called “cookies” to obtain information on the use of the website, improve the user experience and guarantee that it functions correctly.
Definition of cookies
A “cookie” is a small fragment of text that websites send to the browser and are then stored in the user’s terminal (computer or mobile device) These files are used to store data that can be updated and retrieved by the organisation responsible for installing it. Thus, whenever the user revisits a website, the browser retrieves the file and sends it to the website server. Cookies have various functions, which include collecting data about the user’s preferences and remembering them and, in general, easing the user’s use of the website by making the site more useful when customising its content.
Cookies can be classified according to various parameters:
1.- Ownership: owned or third-party cookies: it depends on the entity managing the domain from which the cookies are sent and the data obtained is processed.
2.- Duration: session and persistent cookies: according to how long they are stored in the user’s terminal.
3.- Purpose: technical , customisation, analysis, advertising, and behavioural advertising cookies: depending on the purpose for which the data obtained are processed.
- Technical Cookies: These cookies enable the user to browse the website or application and use the different options or services existing in it. For example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, or accessing restricted web parts.
- Customisation cookies: These let the user access the service with some general features predefined in their terminal or which the user defines. Examples include the language, the type of browser through which the service can be accessed, or the selected content design.
- Analysis cookies: These are either processed by us or by third parties, and enable us to quantify the number of users so that we can conduct the statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. We therefore analyse your browsing on our website, so that we can improve the range of products or services we offer.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies enable the most efficient possible management of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application, or platform from which it provides the requested service, based on criteria such as edited content or how often the adverts appear.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies enable the most efficient possible management of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a website, application, or platform from which it provides the requested service. They store information on user behaviour obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits. This permits a specific profile to be developed to display advertising based on it.
Cookies used on our website
Our website uses both our own cookies, which are those sent to your computer and managed exclusively by us to achieve top performance of the website, and third-party cookies, which are used for users’ interaction with us.
Our website uses both temporary session and persistent cookies. Session cookies store data only while the user is on the website, while persistent cookies store data in the terminal to be accessed and used in more than one session.
Specifically, the cookies used on our website that require consent are:
_ga: 2 years
_gid: 24 hours
_gat: 1 minute
Finally, plug-in cookies are also used to exchange social content.
Withdrawal of consent
Cookies settings panel
How do I disable cookies in the main browsers?
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet options -> Privacy -> Settings.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Settings Customised
- Chrome: Settings -> Advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings
- Safari: Preferences -> Security.
- Opera: Settings -> Privacy and security
You can also manage the storage of cookies in your browser using tools such as the following: